Almat Flying Academy is a small, friendly organisation. We are a Registered Training Facility of the Civil Aviation Authority. Our close knit team of dedicated flying instructors and examiners work alongside a passionate Operations and Customer Service team. We are committed to supporting our members and helping them achieve. Click here to read out team bios.
We are a Limited company registered in the UK offering our services to the public and businesses. We operate flying experiences and we are a flying school and club with an in-house team of instructors and examiner.
- We want to make the flying experience as enjoyable as possible
- It is important to maintain a structured and professional learning environment.
- We want our enthusiasm for flying to encourage and help our members.
We have a diverse range of aircraft including Cessna 152, 172, Piper PA28 161 and Robin 2160.
CAA Declared Training Organisation
Our Civil Aviation Authority DTO number is GBR.DTO-0073. We can deliver the following courses in-house:
- LAPL (A)
- LAPL to PPL (A)
- PPL (A)
- Aerobatics Rating (A)
- Class Ratings (A)
- Night Rating (A)
- SEP (Land)
Click on the photos to find out more
Location & Facilities
We are based at Coventry Airport, which has all the facilities of a large commercial airport but without the congestion. This makes it a great place for anyone wanting to learn to fly, get a pilot licence or just indulge their flying passion. The facilities we have available include:
- Full Flight Information Service
- Runway lighting (essential for night flying!!)
- A 2km asphalt runway which happens to be the flattest in the UK.