We look forward to welcoming you all back again from the 2nd December but need to follow strict COVID precautions for Tier 3 to protect staff and members as follows:
- No social visits what so ever
- No visits without an appointment
- If you or any member of your family have any symptoms within 14 days of your lesson you must not visit.
- Face masks to be worn at all times
- Prior to entry of Dakota house, sanitise your hands and fill in the NHS track and trace from on the front door.
- The door to the reception will be locked, so please ring the door bell and wait to be seen.
- Your temperature will be taken prior to entry. Anyone exhibiting symptoms or a temperature of 37.8 or more will be refused
- The aircraft must be sanitised after use
- Students must purchase their own headset if they don’t have one
- once your lesson is over we ask that you do not stay on to socialise
- You must come alone to your lesson unless you need to be accompanied by an adult
The CAA have also stipulated that whilst in Tier 3, we are unable to land away at airfields other than the departing airfield unless there are circumstances beyond the pilots control, i.e emergency. I appreciate this may effect those in the navigation stages of training, but urge you to continue flying to keep your skills sharp until the restriction is down graded to Tier 2. There are other exercises we can move you onto to keep you progressing.
- You may continue to hire aircraft but inline with the government Tier 3 restrictions will be unable to land away.
- We ask that you do not bring passengers from outside your household or support bubble
- Passengers are to be escorted to the aircraft from outside the building not through reception
- We shall not be able to lend passengers a headset so please ensure you bring your own. It is not acceptable for passengers to fly without a headset.
- Please be reminded that the 28 day currency rule is in effect so you will need to fly with an instructor prior to hiring. Anyone with 6 or more months time lapse since last flight will need to complete a full checkout with an instructor.
- Please be reminded that you will need 3 take off and landings within a 90 day period by law to take passengers.
- Please make sure you file an online hire indemnity prior to departure along with Mass and Balance.
We apologise in advance for what seems to be a long list of rules, but we do need to be extremely careful in order to protect the safety and well being of all of the members and staff. We hope to return to some level of normality in the coming months as the restrictions ease and the vaccines become available.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your support during the toughest year we have all faced in a very long time. Lets hope for better times ahead.