As per the current government COVID-19 lockdown easing measures, it looks likely that we will be able to return to flight training on 12th April 2021 and are able to take bookings now. We expect a surge of bookings, so book early to avoid disappointment. We are excited to see you all return to flying once more and greatly appreciate the support from our members.
Following the previous lockdown, the entire industry experienced huge issues with pilot skill fade. This resulted in many incidents up and down the country. In order to protect you and our fleet, all pilots regardless of experience will be required to complete a post lockdown check up. This will be conducted over two flights of approximately one hour duration each and will conducted in a manner similar to a skills test.
As a thank you to all those who continued to pay membership through the closures, the two hours instruction will be FREE of charge, you just pay for the aircraft hire and landings. This does not affect the two hours FREE instruction you already get with your membership.
28 Day currency
Following a post lockdown check flight any licenced pilot who has not flown within 28 days must have a check flight with an instructor in the circuit to ensure they are safe.
Please be reminded that any damages to aircraft up to the value of £5000 will be the pilots responsibility. Damage waiver reduction payments are available at request.
All licenced pilots must complete an aircraft hire agreement prior to hiring an aircraft. The QR code can be found in reception and the form completed on your phone or one of our computers. Please note you will not be able to use the aircraft until the form has been completed. We would also ask that you do not bring passengers into the main building, but use the foyer instead and ensure you sanitise the aircraft after use with wipes provided. We regretfully are unable to lend headsets for passangers at this time.
We look forward to welcoming you back to flight training and hope you have been revising during lockdown. As a thank you for continuing to pay your membership through lockdown, I will be offering paid members the opportunity to get one months FREE access to our NEW online training platform PPL EXPERT and distance learning ground school on a subject of your choice. Just email email@example.com and I will add you to the list for access. Any student who does not have their own headset, we do have a full range in stock to purchase. We regret that we are still unable to lend headsets for training for reasons of hygiene.
We still are in the midst of the COVID pandemic and suspect will will continue to need to take measures to prevent the spread for some time yet.
We reserve the right to refuse flight to any customer who we believe has symptoms of Covid 19. We have implemented the following measures and ask that all customers assist us in upholding them:
- Only persons flying will be permitted onto the airfield.
- Any flying participant under the age of 18 years may be accompanied by a single parent or guardian.
- Upon arrival a member of our team will check your temperature. Anyone who has a temperature over 37.8 degrees Celsius will be instructed to go home and self isolate as per government advice. Our instructors will be subjected to the same checks prior to flight.
- All customers will be asked to complete a track and trace form on arrival.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times both on the ground and in the air. Due to the close quarters in a light aircraft and the need to protect our staff, we regret that we are unable to accommodate any customer unable to wear a mask in our aircraft.
- Aircraft interior surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned before and after your flight.
- We ask that all customers observe social distancing at all times and comply with any posters and one way systems whilst on our premises.
Almat Flying Academy LTD takes no responsibility for virus transmission either on the premises or in the aircraft, participation is solely at your own risk.
I apologise if the email is a bit serious and long winded, but safety is of the upmost importance to us. I really do appreciate everyone’s support through these times and hope to see you all flying again soon.
Stay safe and blue skies.