The course is suitable for earning either a LAPL or PPL pilot licence and includes:
- 3 Months Membership
- Your minimum hours aircraft hire and flight instruction (30 LAPL or 45 PPL in Cessna 152)
- Starter pack including your books and minimum required flight equipment for training
- Passive Headset by Airheadz and Hi Viz Vest (option to upgrade to noise cancelling)
- Our Intensive Theory Exam Preparation Course & Exams
- 1st attempt at Radio Test
- 1st attempt at Skills Test
- You must be at least 17 years old
- You must have obtained the required medical for your chosen license type prior to course entry
- You must have paid the entire course fee prior to commencement of training
The 3 Steps to a fast Track Pilot License
Step 1 – Pass The Theoretical Exams
Once enrolled, unless you chose our self-study option you are first required to do 30 hours minimum of self study. This covers nine theoretical subjects. You will then be required to pass an online entry test. Following this you will then attend our intensive theory exam preparation course, of which you will be required to attend from 8am – 6pm for five consecutive days. Followed by another day for the exams. Should you need any additional theoretical training this can be arranged at our hourly rate on a one to one basis.
If you choose the self study option you can complete the exams with us when you are ready. These are charged at £10 per mock exam and £25 per CAA exam.
Step 2 – Begin Flight Training
Once you have passed your exams you can proceed to step 2. Some of your flight training will be dual with your flight instructor. There will also be some supervised solo flights of which make up the additional required hours for test. During the flight training you will perform proficiency checks at defined points in training to ensure you are suitable to move onto the next stages of flight training.
Step 3 – Pass the Final Exams
Once you have reach the required standard and are ready for the practical tests we will help book your examiner for the skills test and Radio Telephony Exam.
Not included in the Price:
- Landing Fees
- Your medical costs
- Any additional skills test attempt or Radio Test attempt
- Your licence application fee
During the Training Period
- You must attend one of our intensive theory exam courses and pass the theoretical exams. To be eligible you must have completed 30 hours minimum revision of the theoretical subjects. Flight training cannot begin until you have passed the theory exams.
- You must be available to fly for at least 4 hours per week
What Happens if You Do not Pass
Should you not be able to complete the course before completion you will receive a refund for the unused flying hours only (if applicable). Any equipment is yours to keep, test fees or ground school as part of the course are non refundable. We can organise additional ground school or flight training as needed on an hourly basis to help get you to the finish line.
Does it Really Take 3 Months?
Weather can delay the process as can the timing of our theory exam preparation courses. But it has been done in under a month!